Minneapolis, MN – May 13, 2008 -Mariner Software today released Montage 1.5, the only Mac-only screenwriting software developed exclusively for Mac OS X and Leopard. Touted as one of the product’s most significant behind-the-scenes releases, Montage 1.5 has added a completely rewritten styles system, giving the writer much more flexibility and control, as well as easier text formatting.
Version 1.5 also introduces:
• Added Comic Book format support and Comic Book (color-coded) templates
• Added scene navigation (via arrows) from Outline, Characters and Locations views to Scenes view
• Added contextual menus to Outline, Characters, Locations and most other views to allow assignment of keywords, status and other attributes to multiple items via contextual menus
• Added Menu options and buttons for converting text to upper case, lower case and sentence case
• Rewrote the entire “styles system,” which controls how styles are applied to text in the script, resulting in greater overall stability of text editing and styling
• Fixed a few different causes of a problem that would cause Montage to hang on Print
• Fixed a problem that prevented notes for Scenes (in Outline view), Characters and Locations from not getting saved
• Fixed a problem where exporting a file would incorrectly save with a .RTF extension regardless of the export format
“In its 11th update in under two years, Montage continues delivering the best screenwriting experience on Mac OS X, said Corey Johnson, Director of Product Development for Mariner Software. “This free update adds iTunes-like navigation between outline and scene view, more export options, comic book templates, an element picker, more industry contacts, and lots of little improvements. It is proof positive of Mariner Software’s commitment to making the best screenwriting software in the industry.”
Trial and full copies are now available on the Mariner Software web site at the following page:
Montage makes it easy to create, edit, and manage screenplays on a Macintosh. From the ability to import and export Final Draft or text documents, to using custom, pre-formatted templates for film, TV, and theater, to the time-saving Smart Views, Montage guides both the first time screenwriter or the seasoned veteran, from start to finish.
But Montage doesn’t stop there.
Once a script is complete, Montage allows the user the ability to submit, track, and send a query, synopsis, and scripts to hundreds of included industry contacts through Montage’s integration with Apple’s Address Book.
The shipping version of Montage 1.5 is now available and sells for $139.95USD. It is a free upgrade for all Montage 1.0 customers. Montage requires Mac OS 10.4 or above and is fully universal and accessible.
Where to Buy
Montage can be purchased online at https://marinersoftware.com/shopproduct.php or through various retailers such as: The Apple Store, Amazon, MicroCenter, The Writer’s Store, or Fry’s Electronics. Montage can also be purchased through numerous international distributors across the world. For a complete list of international distributors, visit the following page:
About Mariner Software
Mariner Software, Inc., developers of the industry-recognized products, MacJournal, Mariner Write, Mariner Calc, Montage, WinJournal, StoryMill, Desktop Poet, MacGourmet Deluxe, Contour, and Mariner Paperless, has established itself as one of the most diverse leaders in consumer, business, and educational writing and creativity markets for the Macintosh and Windows platforms. With customers worldwide, Mariner Software is committed to delivering the highest quality software, with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction. For more information, visit the Mariner Software web site at https://marinersoftware.com.
Mariner Write, Mariner, WinJournal, Montage and Desktop Poet are registered trademarks of Mariner Software, Inc. StoryMill, Contour, and Mariner Paperless are pending registration. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
Mariner Software, Inc.