Minneapolis, MN – September 23, 2004 – Mariner Software today announced the release of Mariner Calc 5.3, the long-awaited update to its award-winning spreadsheet. Significant enhancements to the feature set have been added including file extension support in the Save dialog, new open preferences and Find and Replace dialogs. Numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements round out the update.
“Mariner Calc has admittedly taken a back seat to other development projects in the last year,” said Michael Wray, President of Mariner Software. “This release signifies the beginning of a more concentrated focus toward implementing many key features our customers have been asking for.”
First released in the early 1990’s and long known as the only legitimate competitor to Microsoft Excel, some of Mariner Calc’s key features include:
• Save documents in SYLK (for MS Excel), CSV (Comma-Separated-Values) and various ASCII text formats. Opens Excel, SYLK or TEXT file formats.
• Starts faster, uses less disk space and memory than the nearest competitor.
• WorldScript savvy–supports Kanji and numerous other international scripts.
• 32,000 rows x 32,000 columns spreadsheets to analyze large data sets.
• Graphics and drawing tools enhance the appearance of user documents.
• 80,000+ word spelling dictionary.
• Multiple undo feature restores the last 9 steps.
• 140 built-in functions, named ranges, split and freeze window panes, print preview, find, sorting, auto sum, protected worksheets, and cell borders.
Developed on the Macintosh platform since the late 80’s, Mariner Calc is now available for download in its latest revision, version 5.3. This full-featured trial version requires Mac OS 10.2 or higher and can be downloaded at https://marinersoftware.com/download.php free of charge. The shipping version will initially be offered in English and sells for $69.95US. Older version users are invited to upgrade to Mariner Calc 5.3 for $24.95. Support for other language versions is expected in the near future. Visit https://marinersoftware.com/ for more general information.
About Mariner Software
Mariner Software, Inc., developers of the industry-recognized products, MacJournal, Mariner Write, Mariner Calc, Montage, WinJournal, StoryMill, Desktop Poet, MacGourmet Deluxe, Contour, and Mariner Paperless, has established itself as one of the most diverse leaders in consumer, business, and educational writing and creativity markets for the Macintosh and Windows platforms. With customers worldwide, Mariner Software is committed to delivering the highest quality software, with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction. For more information, visit the Mariner Software web site at https://marinersoftware.com.
Mariner Write, Mariner, WinJournal, Montage and Desktop Poet are registered trademarks of Mariner Software, Inc. StoryMill, Contour, and Mariner Paperless are pending registration. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
Mariner Software, Inc.